1.01.2012

Poetic Tragedy

Happy 2012!

Hope it was a stonking entrance for you. Mine was pretty good, my two best friends Jess and Brenden had me over to theirs'.

So what does this year mean? Well, I start my 20s on the 30th January. Which technically means I'm 21 next year. It scares me incredibly. I can barely look after myself. But now it's January, I'm looking forward to go back to uni. I miss everyone there, and it has gotten to the point where I miss uni people more than home people. My friends from home is now dwindled to less than 10. But I don't really care, I don't mind drifting from people when it feels natural, but when I push someone away or I feel like I've driven them away, that bothers me.

I don't really have new years resolutions as such, but I have things I want to strive for. I don't want to worry so much. Worrying is medically proven to take years off your life, although so is being ginger and left-handed. But worrying less would make my life easier, not trying to to read too much into things is always going to be a positive thing if I can manage it. Not caring so much about what people think links into that. I spoke to my close uni buddy Wil earlier and he said, he only really cares what around 5 people think about him, and it made sense, most people won't follow you in life so why bother worrying. So that's something I'm going to try and do. The final thing is go to the gym more, I made a good start last term and it makes me feel better about myself because I did lose weight (which I've probably gained since Christmas because I'm a lazy fat shit) but it makes me feel better about all the shit I drink and smoke if I go to the gym regularly.


So how was Christmas? Yeah it was okay, uneventful, my dad wasn't well, and doesn't remember most of it. I can't be bothered to explain what is wrong with him, I feel like I constantly explain it (it's mentioned in one of these blogs somewhere)... and my mum was sick. So they both slept most the afternoon into the evening. But I got some cool shit. I got Skyrim, some new vans and an amp for home so I don't need my uni one anymore.


No comments: